The Jack and Jill Foundation offers care and support to children with severe neurological development issues up to the age of four years. The children that the Jack and Jill Foundation support usually need intensive home nursing care due to their condition. The Jack and Jill Foundation also offers respite directly to parents and families, or gives funding to allow them to buy home respite care. The Foundation gives these families the gift of time, time to do the things that we so often take for granted like shopping, taking their other children to the park, a night’s sleep etc.
If you’ve just found yourself in a new situation with your new baby or older child, don’t worry – help is at hand. The Jack and Jill Foundation is here to help you get the best quality of life while caring for your child.
If you want to find a Liaison Nurse in your area, you can click on the following link to the Jack and Jill Foundation website: www.jackandjill.ie/who-we-are/our-nurses/
The Jack & Jill Foundation offers a wide range of services, including:
- home visits from a nurse or liaison officer - the nursing team is available from Monday to Friday and covers all of Ireland;
- advice on caring for a child at home;
- advice and information on how to access all the services your child may need;
- listening to what you want for your child and representing you;
- direct funding to families to buy home respite care;
- lobbying the government, health boards and HSE on your behalf; and
- a parents' discussion forum through its website.
How to contact us
You can contact the Jack and Jill Foundation by post, phone, fax, email or by visiting its website:
The Jack and Jill Children's Foundation,
Telephone:+353 (45) 894538/660
Fax:+353 (45) 894558